14th Sri Lankan Parliament
|← 14th Parliament of Sri Lanka →
7th Parliament of Sri Lanka
|Speaker||Chamal Rajapaksa, UPFA|
|Deputy Speaker &
Chairman of Committees
|Piyankara Jayaratne, UPFA (2010)
Chandima Weerakkody, UPFA (2010-)
|Murugesu Chandrakumar, UPFA|
|Prime Minister||D. M. Jayaratne, UPFA|
|Leader of the Opposition||Ranil Wickremasinghe, UNF|
|Leader of the House||Nimal Siripala de Silva, UPFA|
|Chief Government Whip||Dinesh Gunawardena, UPFA|
|Chief Opposition Whip||John Amaratunga, UNF|
|Nomination||19–26 February 2010|
|Election||8 April 2010 & 20 April 2010|
|First Meeting||22 April 2010|
|1st: 22 April 2010 –|
The 14th Sri Lankan Parliament is the current Parliament of Sri Lanka, with the membership determined by the results of the 2010 parliamentary election held on 8 April and 20 April 2010. The parliament met for the first time on 22 April 2010. According to the Constitution of Sri Lanka the maximum term of parliament is 6 years therefore the 15th Sri Lankan Parliament will meet for the first time no later than 22 April 2016.
The 14th parliamentary election was held on 8 April and 20 April 2010. The incumbent United People's Freedom Alliance (UPFA) secured a landslide victory in the elections, buoyed by its achievement of ending the 26 year Sri Lankan Civil War by defeating the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam in May 2009. The UPFA won a large majority in parliament, obtaining 144 seats, an increase of 39 since the 13th parliamentary election. The main opposition United National Front (UNF) won 60 seats, a decline of 22. The minority Tamil party Tamil National Alliance (TNA) won 14 seats, a decline of 8, and the Democratic National Alliance (DNA), contesting for the first time, won 7 seats.
|United People's Freedom Alliance||4,846,388||60.33%||144|
|United National Front||2,357,057||29.34%||60|
|Tamil National Alliance||233,190||2.90%||14|
|Democratic National Alliance||441,251||5.49%||7|
The new parliament was sworn in on 22 April 2010. Chamal Rajapaksa, the brother of President Rajapaksa, was elected Speaker, Piyankara Jayaratne as the Deputy Speaker and Murugesu Chandrakumar as the Deputy Chairman of Committees. Ranil Wickremesinghe was recognised as Leaders of the Opposition. John Amaratunga was appointed as the Chief Opposition Whip.
On 21 April 2010 President Rajapaksa appointed D. M. Jayaratne as the new Prime Minister. The rest of the government, comprising 36 Ministers and 39 Deputy Ministers were sworn in on 23 April 2010. President Rajapaksa has retained control of the important ministries of Defence, Finance & Planning, Highways, and Ports & Aviation.
Mervyn Silva resigned as Deputy Minister of Mass Media & Information on 5 May 2010. A further four Ministers and five Deputy Ministers were sworn in on 5 May 2010. Mervyn Silva was appointed as the new Deputy Minister of Highways. 85 UPFA MPs were now part of the government (Prime Minister + 40 Ministers + 44 Deputy Ministers).
Mervyn Silva was dismissed from his ministerial post and suspended from the SLFP on 10 August 2010. However, a subsequent SLFP disciplinary cleared him of all charges and on 8 September 2010 he was reappointed to his ministerial post.
On 22 November 2010, three days after Rajapaksa was sworn in for his second term, a new government was sworn in. A number of opposition MPs who had defected to the UPFA were rewarded with ministerial posts. A further Minister and three Deputy Ministers were sworn in on 25 November 2010 95 UPFA MPs were now part of the government (Prime Minister + 10 Senior Ministers + 50 Ministers + 34 Deputy Ministers).
Changes in party/alliance affiliations
|22 April 2010||144||81||0||225|
|5 August 2010||146||79||0||225|
|8 September 2010||152||73||0||225|
|22 November 2010||160||65||0||225|
|30 November 2011||161||64||0||225|
- 22 April 2010 - National Union of Workers (NUW) left the United National Front alliance after a dispute over National List seats. Palani Digambaran, their sole MP, is to function as an independent MP.
- 4 August 2010 - Sri Lanka Freedom Party (People's wing) dissolved. Its sole MP Mangala Samaraweera joined the United National Party on 6 August 2010.
- 5 August 2010 - Palani Digambaran of the NUW and Praba Ganesan of the Democratic People's Front (DPF) cross over to the UPFA. It was reported that Ganesan was suspended from the DPF.
- 27 August 2010 - Sri Lanka Muslim Congress (SLMC) decides to support the government on constitutional changes, including removing the two-term limit on the presidency, whilst remaining in opposition. The SLMC's eight MPs will give the government the two-thirds majority needed in Parliament to amend the constitution.
- 8 September 2010 - Six United National Party MPs (A. R. M. Abdul Cader, Earl Gunasekara, Manusha Nanayakkara, Lakshman Senewiratne, Upeksha Swarnamali and Nimal Senarath Wijesinghe) cross over to the UPFA during the 18th amendment debate. They were suspended from the UNP.
- 11 September 2010 - Velusami Radhakrishnan quits the Ceylon Workers' Congress to sit as an independent MP supporting UPFA.
- 7 October 2010 - Velusami Radhakrishnan joins the Up-Country People's Front.
- 22 November 2010 - Sri Lanka Muslim Congress (eight MPs) joins UPFA. The SLMC's High Command had decided on 12 November 2010 to join the UPFA.
- 24 December 2010 - Achala Jagodage is expelled from the National Freedom Front.
- 30 November 2011 - United National Party MP Mohan Lal Grero crosses over to the ruling UPFA. He is rewarded by being appointed Monitoring MP for the Ministry of Education.
Deaths and resignations
The 14th parliament saw the following deaths and resignations:
- 7 October 2010 - Sarath Fonseka (DNA-COL) vacated his seat after being sentenced to 30 months imprisonment by a court martial after being found guilty of breaching arms procurement guideline. His replacement Jayantha Ketagoda (DNA-COL) was sworn in on 8 March 2011.
- 2 December 2010 - Noordeen Mashoor (UPFA-VAN) died. His replacement Muthali Bawa Farook (UPFA-VAN) was sworn in on 5 January 2011.
|Abeygunawardena, Rohitha||KAL||77,205||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Ports & Aviation (10). Deputy Minister of Ports & Highways (10-).|
|Abeysinghe, Ashoka||KUR||32,990||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Abeywardena, Lakshman Yapa||MTR||67,510||22 April 2010||UNP (D)||UPFA||UNP (D)||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Economic Development (10-).|
|Abeywardena, Mahinda Yapa||MTR||70,439||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Minister of Agriculture (10-).|
|Adaikalanathan, Selvam||VAN||17,366||22 April 2010||TELO||TNA||TELO||TNA|
|Alagiyawanna, Lasantha||GAM||65,939||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Construction, Engineering Services, Housing & Common Amenities (10-).|
|Alahapperuma, Dullas||NAT||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Minister of Youth Affairs (10-).|
|Alantine, Silvestri||JAF||13,128||22 April 2010||EPDP||UPFA||EPDP||UPFA|
|Alles, Tiran||NAT||22 April 2010||DNA||DNA|
|Ali, Hasen||NAT||22 April 2010||SLMC||UNF||SLMC||UPFA|
|Aluthgamage, Mahindananda||KAN||146,765||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Youth Affairs (10). Minister of Sport (10-).|
|Aluvihare, Wasantha||MTL||31,529||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Amaratunga, John||GAM||52,331||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF||Chief Opposition Whip (10-).|
|Amaraweera, Mahinda||HAM||105,414||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Health (10). Minister of Disaster Management (10-).|
|Amunugama, Dilum||KAN||45,909||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Amunugama, Sarath||KAN||44,478||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Finance & Planning (10). Senior Minister of International Monetary Co-operation (10-).|
|Ananthan, Sivasakthy||VAN||11,674||22 April 2010||EPRLF||TNA||EPRLF||TNA|
|Ariyanethiran, Pakkiyaselvam||BAT||16,504||22 April 2010||TNA||TNA|
|Aslam, M. S. M.||NAT||22 April 2010||SLMC||UNF||SLMC||UPFA|
|Azwer, A. H. M.||NAT||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Athaullah. A. L. M.||AMP||36,943||22 April 2010||NC||UPFA||NC||UPFA||Minister of Local Government & Provincial Councils (10-).|
|Attanayake, Tissa||NAT||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Atukorale, Thalatha||RAT||64,592||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Badhiutheen, Risad||VAN||27,461||22 April 2010||ACMC||UPFA||ACMC||UPFA||Minister of Industry & Commerce (10-).|
|Balasuriya, Jagath||KEG||47,294||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Labour & Productivity Improvement (10). Minister of National Heritage (10-).|
|Bandara, K. W. Shantha||KUR||86,353||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Bandara, Palitha Range||PUT||36,861||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Bandara, R. M. Ranjith Madduma||MON||15,105||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Bandaranaike, Indika||KUR||48,665||22 April 2010||UNP (D)||UPFA||UNP (D)||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Local Government & Provincial Councils (10-).|
|Bandaranaike, Pandu||GAM||49,613||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Indigenous Medicine (10-).|
|Basnayake, Tharanath||KUR||46,079||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Berugoda, Vijitha||MON||43,001||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Buddhadasa, Lal Chamika||BAD||42,856||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Cader, A. R. M. Abdul||KAN||54,937||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Environment (10-).|
|Chandrakumar, Murugesu||JAF||8,105||22 April 2010||EPDP||UPFA||EPDP||UPFA||Deputy Chairman of Committees (10-).|
|Chandrasena, S. M.||ANU||112,644||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Irrigation & Water Resources Management (10). Minister of Agrarian Services & Wildlife (10-).|
|Cooray, Reginald||KAL||60,196||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Justice (10). Minister of Minor Export Promotion (10-).|
|Dahanayaka, Wijaya||MTR||44,463||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister for Public Administration (10-).|
|Dawood, Basheer Segu||BAT||11,678||22 April 2010||SLMC||UNF||SLMC||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Co-operatives & Internal Trade (10-).|
|Dayaratna, Petikirige||AMP||32,915||22 April 2010||UNP (D)||UPFA||UNP (D)||UPFA||Minister of State Resources & Enterprise Development (10). Senior Minister of Food & Nutrition (10-).|
|de Silva, Harsha||NAT||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|de Silva, Nimal Siripala||BAD||141,990||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Leader of the House (10-). Minister of Irrigation & Water Resources Management (10-).|
|de Soysa, Ranjith||RAT||47,147||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Devananda, Douglas||JAF||28,585||22 April 2010||EPDP||UPFA||EPDP||UPFA||Minister of Traditional Industries & Small Enterprise Development (10-).|
|Digambaran, Palani||NUW||39,490||22 April 2010||NUW||UNF||NUW||UPFA|
|Dissanayake, Anura Kumara||NAT||22 April 2010||JVP||DNA||JVP||DNA|
|Dissanayake, Duminda||ANU||101,384||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Posts & Telecommunication (10). Deputy Minister of Youth Affairs & Skills Development (10-).|
|Dissanayake, Lalith||KEG||49,224||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Technology & Research (10). Deputy Minister of Health (10-).|
|Dissanayake, Navin||NUW||43,514||22 April 2010||UNP (D)||UPFA||UNP (D)||UPFA||Minister of Public Management Reforms (10-).|
|Dissanayake, P. Weerakumara||ANU||27,102||22 April 2010||NFF||UPFA||NFF||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Traditional Industries & Small Enterprise Development (10-).|
|Dissanayake, Rohana||MTL||32,803||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Transport (10-).|
|Dissanayake, Salinda||KUR||56,842||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Plantation & Industries (10). Minister of Indigenous Medicine (10-).|
|Dissanayake, S. B.||KAN||108,169||22 April 2010||UNP (D)||UPFA||UNP (D)||UPFA||Minister of Higher Education (10-).|
|Ekanayake, Nandimithra||MTL||35,754||22 April 2010||UNP (D)||UPFA||UNP (D)||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Higher Education (10-).|
|Ekanayake, T. B.||KUR||112,420||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Education (10). Minister of Culture & the Arts (10-).|
|Ekanayake, W. B.||ANU||40,634||22 April 2010||UNP (D)||UPFA||UNP (D)||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Disaster Management (10). Deputy Minister of Irrigation & Water Resources Management (10-).|
|Faizal, Cassim||AMP||41,852||22 April 2010||SLMC||UNF||SLMC||UPFA|
|Farook, Hunais||VAN||10,851||22 April 2010||ACMC||UPFA||ACMC||UPFA|
|Farook, Muthali Bawa||VAN||2,456||5 January 2011||SLMC||UPFA||SLMC||UPFA||Replaces Noordeen Mashoor.|
|Fernando, Arundika||PUT||55,889||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Fernando, Harin||BAD||49,073||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Fernando, Johnston||KUR||136,943||22 April 2010||UNP (D)||UPFA||UNP (D)||UPFA||Minister of Co-operatives & Internal Trade (10-).|
|Fernando, Milroy||PUT||31,509||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Minister of Resettlement (10). Senior Minister of Social Welfare (10-).|
|Fernandopulle, Sudarshani||GAM||186,140||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Fonseka, Malini||NAT||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Fonseka, Sarath||COL||98,458||22 April 2010||7 October 2010||DNA||DNA||Vacated seat. Replaced by Jayantha Ketagoda.|
|Fowzie, A. H. M.||COL||51,641||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Minister of Disaster Management (10). Senior Minister of Urban Affairs (10-).|
|Gajadeera, Chandrasiri||MTR||51,742||22 April 2010||CPSL||UPFA||CPSL||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Finance & Planning (10). Minister of Rehabilitation & Prison Reforms (10-).|
|Gamage, Anoma||NAT||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Gamage, Piyasena||GAL||67,033||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Minister of Indigenous Medicine (10). Senior Minister of National Resources (10-).|
|Gamalath, Siripala||POL||53,973||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Lands & Land Development (10-).|
|Ganesan, Praba||COL||42,851||22 April 2010||DPF||UNF||UPFA|
|Gankanda, Dunesh Harsha||RAT||34,219||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Grero, Mohan Lal||COL||68,008||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UPFA|
|Gunaratna, Sarath Kumara||GAM||46,040||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of State Resources & Enterprise Development (10-).|
|Gunasekara, Earl||POL||26,925||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Plantation & Industries (10-).|
|Gunasekara, Hemal||MTR||51,013||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Gunasekera, D. E. W.||NAT||22 April 2010||CPSL||UPFA||CPSL||UPFA||Minister of Rehabilitation & Prison Reforms (10). Senior Minister of Human Resources (10-).|
|Gunawardena, Bandula||COL||64,654||22 April 2010||UNP (D)||UPFA||UNP (D)||UPFA||Minister of Education (10-).|
|Gunawardena, Dinesh||COL||116,860||22 April 2010||MEP||UPFA||MEP||UPFA||Chief Government Whip (10-). Minister of Water Supply & Drainage (10-).|
|Gunawardena, Gitanjana||NAT||22 April 2010||MEP||UPFA||MEP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of External Affairs (10). Deputy Minister of Finance & Planning (10-).|
|Gunawardena, M. K. D. S.||TRI||19,734||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Buddhasasana & Religious Affairs (10-).|
|Gunawardena, Sajin Vaas||GAL||53,989||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Gunawardena, Sarana||GAM||61,150||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Petroleum Industries (10-).|
|Hakeem, Rauff||KAN||54,097||22 April 2010||SLMC||UNF||SLMC||UPFA||Minister of Justice (10-).|
|Haleem, M. H. A.||KAN||46,240||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Handunnetti, Sunil||COL||78,126||22 April 2010||JVP||DNA||JVP||DNA|
|Harees, H. M. M.||AMP||44,755||22 April 2010||SLMC||UNF||SLMC||UPFA|
|Harrison, Pelisge||ANU||24,675||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Hashim, Kabir||KEG||48,344||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Herath, Jayarathna||KUR||64,645||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Industry & Commerce (10-).|
|Herath, Kanaka||KEG||63,136||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Herath, Vijitha||GAM||50,967||22 April 2010||JVP||DNA||JVP||DNA|
|Hisbullah, M. L. Alim Mohammad||BAT||22,256||22 April 2010||ACMC||UPFA||ACMC||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Child Development & Women's Affairs (10-).|
|Indika, P. K.||HAM||37,626||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Jagodage, Achala||NAT||22 April 2010||NFF||UPFA||UPFA|
|Jayaratne, D. M.||NAT||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Prime Minister (10-). Minister of Buddhasasana & Religious Affairs (10-).|
|Jayaratne, Piyankara||PUT||56,098||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Speaker & Chairman of Committees (10). Minister of Civil Aviation (10-).|
|Jayasekara, Dayasiri||KUR||132,949||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Jayasekara, Premalal||RAT||73,175||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Power & Energy (10-).|
|Jayasena, Sumedha G.||MON||45,837||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Minister of Parliamentary Affairs (10-).|
|Jayasinghe, Chandrani Bandara||ANU||29,884||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Jayasuriya, Karu||GAM||60,310||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Jayasuriya, Sanath||MTR||74,352||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Jayawardena, Jayalath||GAM||58,302||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Jeyaratnam, Sri Ranga||NUW||33,948||22 April 2010||CF||UNF||CF||UPFA|
|Karalliyadde, Tissa||ANU||55,017||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Minister of Child Development & Women's Affairs (10-).|
|Kariyawasam, Akila Viraj||KUR||66,477||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Karunanayake, Ravi||COL||70,328||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Karunatileka, Gayantha||GAL||49,945||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Ketagoda, Jayantha||COL||22,193||8 March 2011||DNA||DNA||Replaces Sarath Fonseka.|
|Kiriella, Lakshman||KAN||53,690||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Kotalawala, Nirmala||KAL||82,044||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Highways (10). Deputy Minister of Ports & Highways (10-).|
|Kumara, Ajith||GAL||15,872||22 April 2010||JVP||DNA||JVP||DNA|
|Kumaranatunga, Jeewan||COL||51,080||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Minister of Posts & Telecommunication (10). Minister of Postal Services (10-).|
|Lokubandara, Udith||BAD||38,124||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Lokuge, Gamini||COL||49,750||22 April 2010||UNP (D)||UPFA||UNP (D)||UPFA||Minister of Labour & Productivity Improvement (10-).|
|Maheswaran, Vijayakala||JAF||7,160||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Mashoor, Noordeen||VAN||9,518||22 April 2010||2 December 2010||SLMC||UNF||SLMC||UPFA||Died. Replaced by Muthali Bawa Farook.|
|Medhananda, Ellawala||NAT||22 April 2010||JHU||UPFA||JHU||UPFA|
|Mithrapala, H.R.||KEG||37,745||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Livestock Development (10-).|
|Muralitharan, Vinayagamoorthy||NAT||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Resettlement (10-).|
|Musthapha, Faiszer||KAN||44,648||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Environment (10). Deputy Minister of Technology & Research (10-).|
|Muthuhettigama, Nishantha||GAL||125,777||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Muthukumarana, Sarath||ANU||44,645||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Nanayakkara, Manusha||GAL||49,690||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UPFA|
|Nanayakkara, Vasudeva||RAT||56,493||22 April 2010||DLF||UPFA||DLF||UPFA||Minister of National Languages & Social Integration (10-).|
|Nawinne, S. B.||KUR||74,976||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Minister of National Languages & Social Integration (10). Senior Minister of Consumer Welfare (10-).|
|Noharathalingam, Vino||VAN||12,120||22 April 2010||TELO||TNA||TELO||TNA|
|Padmasiri, Y. G.||KEG||61,582||22 April 2010||LSSP||UPFA||LSSP||UPFA|
|Pathirana, Buddhika||MTR||62,499||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Pathirana, Ramesh||GAL||95,313||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Peiris, G. L.||NAT||22 April 2010||UNP (D)||UPFA||UNP (D)||UPFA||Minister of External Affairs (10-).|
|Perera, Ajith||KAL||48,588||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Perera, Dilan||BAD||69,610||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Public Administration & Home Affairs (10). Minister of Foreign Employment & Welfare (10-).|
|Perera, Felix||GAM||69,938||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Minister of Social Services (10-).|
|Perera, Gamini Jayawickrama||KUR||44,131||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Perera, Lakshman||MTL||65,077||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Perera, M. Joseph Michael||NAT||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Perera, Neomal||PUT||32,781||22 April 2010||UNP (D)||UPFA||UNP (D)||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Co-operatives & Internal Trade (10). Deputy Minister of External Affairs (10-).|
|Perera, Niroshan||PUT||28,077||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Perera, Victor Anthony||PUT||35,259||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Piyasena, Podiappuhamy||AMP||11,139||22 April 2010||TNA||UPFA|
|Premachandran, Suresh||JAF||16,425||22 April 2010||EPRLF||TNA||EPRLF||TNA|
|Premadasa, A. D. Champika||KEG||40,914||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Premadasa, Sajith||HAM||74,467||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Premajayanth, Susil||COL||54,702||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Minister of Petroleum Industries (10-).|
|Priyantha, Janaka Bandara||NAT||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Punchinilame, Susantha||TRI||22,820||22 April 2010||UNP (D)||UPFA||UNP (D)||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Fisheries & Aquatic Resources Development (10-).|
|Pushpakumara, A. P. Jagath||MON||67,903||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Agriculture (10). Minister of Coconut Development and Janatha Estate Development (10-).|
|Pushpakumara, Rohana||BAD||36,080||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Radhakrishnan, Velusami||NUW||54,083||22 April 2010||CWC||UPFA||UCPF||UPFA|
|Rajadore, Perumal||NUW||49,228||22 April 2010||CWC||UPFA||CWC||UPFA|
|Rajapaksa, Basil||GAM||425,861||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Minister of Economic Development (10-).|
|Rajapaksa, Chamal||HAM||79,648||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Speaker (10-).|
|Rajapaksa, Namal||HAM||147,566||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Rajapaksa, Nirupama||HAM||39,025||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Water Supply & Drainage (10-).|
|Rajapaksa, Wijeyadasa||COL||60,030||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Ramanayake, Ranjan||RAT||59,318||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Rambukwella, Keheliya||KAN||133,060||22 April 2010||UNP (D)||UPFA||UNP (D)||UPFA||Minister of Mass Media & Information (10-).|
|Ranatunga, Arjuna||KAL||27,796||22 April 2010||DNA||DNA|
|Ranatunga, Kamala||NAT||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Ranatunga, Ruwan||GAM||66,488||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Ranawaka, Champika||COL||120,333||22 April 2010||JHU||UPFA||JHU||UPFA||Minister of Power & Energy (10-).|
|Rathana, Athuraliye||GAM||112,010||22 April 2010||JHU||UPFA||JHU||UPFA|
|Rathnayake, C. B.||NUW||41,345||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Minister of Sport (10). Minister of Private Transport Services (10-).|
|Ratwatte, Lohan||KAN||81,812||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Rohana, Sunny||RAT||37,902||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Roshan, Anuruddha||POL||56,223||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Samarasinghe, Mahinda||KAL||97,778||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Minister of Plantation Industries (10-).|
|Samaraweera, Mangala||MTR||59,836||22 April 2010||SLFP (P)||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Sampanthan, Rajavarothiam||TRI||24,488||22 April 2010||ITAK||TNA||ITAK||TNA|
|Saravanapavan, Eswarapatham||JAF||14,961||22 April 2010||TNA||TNA|
|Selvarasa, Pon||BAT||18,485||22 April 2010||TNA||TNA|
|Semasinghe, Asanka Shehan||ANU||46,115||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Senanayake, Rosy||COL||66,357||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Senanayake, Wasantha||GAM||51,124||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Senaratne, Rajitha||KAL||66,710||22 April 2010||UNP (D)||UPFA||UNP (D)||UPFA||Minister of Fisheries & Aquatic Resources Development (10-).|
|Senasinghe, Sujeewa||COL||52,559||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Senathirajah, Mavai||JAF||20,501||22 April 2010||ITAK||TNA||ITAK||TNA|
|Senewiratne, Athauda||KEG||67,719||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Minister of Justice (10). Senior Minister of Rural Affairs (10-).|
|Senewiratne, John||RAT||125,816||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Minister of Public Administration & Home Affairs (10-).|
|Senewiratne, Lakshman||BAD||31,560||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UPFA||Minister of Productivity Information (10-).|
|Silva, Duminda||COL||146,336||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Silva, Mervyn||GAM||151,085||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Mass Media & Information (10); DM for Highways (10), (10). Minister of Public Relations & Public Affairs (10-).|
|Silva, Mohan Priyadarshana||GAL||49,456||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Sirisena, Maithripala||POL||90,118||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Minister of Health (10-).|
|Sivalingam, Muthu||NAT||22 April 2010||CWC||UPFA||CWC||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Economic Development (10-).|
|Siyambalapitiya, Ranjith||KEG||141,935||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Economic Development (10). Minister of Telecommunications & Information Technology (10-).|
|Soysa, Gamaini Vijith Wijithamuni||MON||54,516||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Rehabilitation & Prison Reforms (10). Deputy Minister of Education (10-).|
|Sritharan, Sivagnanam||JAF||10,057||22 April 2010||TNA||TNA|
|Sumanthiran, M. A.||NAT||22 April 2010||TNA||TNA|
|Sumathipala, Thilanga||COL||60,848||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Suriyaarachchi, C. A.||POL||44,356||22 April 2010||UNP (D)||UPFA||UNP (D)||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Social Services (10-).|
|Suriyapperuma, J. R. P.||NAT||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Swaminathan, D. M.||NAT||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Swarnamali, Upeksha||GAM||81,350||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UPFA|
|Tennakoon, Janaka Bandara||MTL||47,133||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Minister of Lands & Land Development (10-).|
|Thowfeek, M. S.||TRI||23,588||22 April 2010||SLMC||UNF||SLMC||UPFA|
|Thewarapperuma, Palitha||KAL||51,153||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Thissera, Dayasritha||PUT||38,704||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Ports & Aviation (10). Minister of State Resources & Enterprise Development (10-).|
|Thondaman, Arumugan||NUW||60,997||22 April 2010||CWC||UPFA||CWC||UPFA||Minister of Livestock Development (10-).|
|Vidanagamage, Amith Thenuka||BAD||34,742||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Vinayagamoorthy, Appathurai||JAF||15,311||22 April 2010||TNA||TNA|
|Vitharana, Tissa||NAT||22 April 2010||LSSP||UPFA||LSSP||UPFA||Minister of Technology & Research (10). Senior Minister of Scientific Affairs (10-).|
|Wanniarachchi, Pavithra Devi||RAT||110,220||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Minister of National Heritage & Cultural Affairs (10). Minister of Technology & Research (10-).|
|Wathkumbura, Janaka||RAT||70,473||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Wedaarachchi, Dilip||HAM||47,160||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Weerakkody, Chandima||GAL||67,231||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Speaker & Chairman of Committees (10-).|
|Weerakoon, Gunaratna||GAL||68,629||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of National Heritage & Cultural Affairs (10). Minister of Resettlement (10-).|
|Weerawansa, Wimal||COL||280,672||22 April 2010||NFF||UPFA||NFF||UPFA||Minister of Construction, Engineering Services, Housing & Common Amenities (10-).|
|Weerawardena, Erik||KAN||54,195||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Welgama, Kumara||KAL||124,766||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Minister of Transport (10-).|
|Wickremanayake, Ratnasiri||NAT||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Minister of Public Management Reforms (10). Senior Minister of Good Governance & Infrastructure (10-).|
|Wickremaratne, Eran||NAT||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Wickremasinghe, Neranjan||KUR||54,572||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Wickremasinghe, Ranil||COL||232,957||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF||Leader of the Opposition (10-).|
|Wickremenayake, Vidura||KAL||50,114||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Wijesekara, Sarath Piyananda||AMP||54,373||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Wijesekera, Duleep||GAM||51,469||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Deputy Minister of Disaster Management (10-).|
|Wijesinghe, Nimal Senarath||KUR||30,687||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UPFA|
|Wijesinha, Rajiva||NAT||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA|
|Wijewardene, Ruwan||GAM||88,850||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Wijewickreme, Shriyani||AMP||33,810||22 April 2010||MEP||UPFA||MEP||UPFA|
|Yapa, Anura Priyadharshana||KUR||98,880||22 April 2010||SLFP||UPFA||SLFP||UPFA||Minister of Environment (10-).|
|Yogarajan, Ramaiah||NAT||22 April 2010||UNP||UNF||UNP||UNF|
|Yogeswaran, Seeniththamby||BAT||20,569||22 April 2010||TNA||TNA|
- "PART I : SECTION (I) — GENERAL Government Notifications THE PARLIAMENTARY ELECTIONS ACT, No. 1 OF 1981". The Gazette of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka 1649/2. 12 April 2010. http://www.parliament.lk/news/documents_news/mp_7th_parl/1649_2E.pdf.
- "PART I : SECTION (I) — GENERAL Government Notifications THE PARLIAMENTARY ELECTIONS ACT, No. 1 OF 1981". The Gazette of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka 1650/15. 21 April 2010. http://www.parliament.lk/news/documents_news/mp_7th_parl/1650_15E.pdf.
- "PART I : SECTION (I) — GENERAL Government Notifications THE PARLIAMENTARY ELECTIONS ACT, No. 1 OF 1981". The Gazette of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka 1650/19. 21 April 2010. http://www.parliament.lk/news/documents_news/mp_7th_parl/1650_19E.pdf.
- "General Elections 2010 - Preferential Votes". Sunday Times (Sri Lanka). 11 April 2010. http://www.sundaytimes.lk/100411/News/page1.pdf.
- "The 29 national list members for the Seventh Parliament". Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). 22 April 2010. http://www.dailymirror.lk/print/index.php/news/news/8714.html.
- "PRESIDENT APPOINTS A 38-MEMBER CABINET". Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). 24 April 2010. http://www.dailymirror.lk/print/index.php/news/front-page-news/8901.html.
- "New Ministers and Deputies". Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). 24 April 2010. http://www.dailymirror.lk/print/index.php/news/news/8894.html.
- "60 ministers, 31 deputy ministers sworn in yesterday". Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). 23 November 2010. http://www.print.dailymirror.lk/news/front-page-news/27959.html.
- "NEW FACES BOOST CABINET AS HOPES RISE". The Nation, (Sri Lanka). 28 November 2010. http://www.nation.lk/2010/11/28/newsfe1.htm.
- "Parliamentary General Election – 2010". Department of Elections, Sri Lanka. http://www.slelections.gov.lk/parliamentary_elections/AICOM.html. Retrieved 2 May 2010.
- "New Parliament sworn in". Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). 22 April 2010. http://www.dailymirror.lk/index.php/news/3272-new-parliament-sworn-in.html. Retrieved 2 May 2010.
- "Chamal Rajapakse new Speaker, Fonseka attends parliament". TamilNet. 22 April 2010. http://www.tamilnet.com/art.html?catid=13&artid=31592. Retrieved 2 May 2010.
- Indrajith, Saman (23 April 2010). "New Parliament sworn in: Chamal elected Speaker unanimously Ranil recognised as Opposition Leader". The Island, Sri Lanka. http://www.island.lk/2010/04/23/news17.html. Retrieved 2 May 2010.
- "Amaratunga is Opposition Whip". Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). 22 April 2010. http://www.dailymirror.lk/print/index.php/news/front-page-news/8734.html. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- "Leader of the House re-appointed". BBC Sinhala. 2 May 2010. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sinhala/news/story/2010/05/100502_leader_house.shtml. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- "New Deputy Speaker". Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). 24 November 2010. http://print.dailymirror.lk/news/front-page-news/28058.html.
- "D.M Jayaratne sworn in as PM". Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). 21 April 2010. http://www.dailymirror.lk/index.php/news/3258-dm-jayaratne-sworn-in-as-pm-.html. Retrieved 2 May 2010.
- Edirisinghe, Dasun (24 April 2010). "All Cabinet posts equal, essential for development – MR". The Island, Sri Lanka. http://www.island.lk/2010/04/24/news10.html. Retrieved 2 May 2010.
- "Mervyn resigns from media". Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). 5 May 2010. http://www.dailymirror.lk/index.php/news/3549-mervyn-resigns-from-media.html. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- "4 Sri Lankan ministers, 6 deputy ministers take oaths". TamilNet. 5 May 2010. http://www.tamilnet.com/art.html?catid=13&artid=31685. Retrieved 8 May 2010.
- Bandara, Kelum (11 August 2010). "Mervyn sacked". Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). http://www.dailymirror.lk/print/index.php/news/front-page-news/18187.html.
- Expected exoneration for Mervyn (1 September 2010). "Expected exoneration for Mervyn". Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). http://www.dailymirror.lk/print/index.php/news/front-page-news/20200.html.
- "Mervyn is back". Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). 8 September 2010. http://www.dailymirror.lk/index.php/news/6435-mervins-back-.html.
- "Rajapaksa appoints 59 member-cabinet". TamilNet. 22 November 2010. http://www.tamilnet.com/art.html?catid=13&artid=33072.
- "Number of Cabinet ministers in SL government rises to 61, deputies 34". TamilNet. 25 November 2010. http://www.tamilnet.com/art.html?catid=13&artid=33095.
- "Seniors kicked up in jumbo cabinet". Sunday Times (Sri Lanka). 28 November 2010. http://www.sundaytimes.lk/101128/Columns/political.html.
- Perera, Yohan (23 April 2010). "Workers Union leaves UNF". Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). http://www.dailymirror.lk/print/index.php/news/front-page-news/8813.html.
- Indrajith, Saman (23 April 2010). "NUW to back govt.". Island, Sri Lanka. http://www.island.lk/2010/04/23/news19.html.
- Murshideen, B.M. (5 August 2010). "SLFP Mahajana Wing dissolved". Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). http://www.dailymirror.lk/print/index.php/news/news/17609.html.
- "Mangala joins UNP". Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). 6 August 2010. http://www.dailymirror.lk/index.php/news/5614-mangala-joins-unp.html.
- Kelum Bandara and Yohan Perera (6 August 2010). "Govt: Just 5 more to 2/3". Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). http://www.dailymirror.lk/print/index.php/news/front-page-news/17781.html.
- "DPF suspends Praba Ganesan for ‘betraying’ party, Tamils". TamilNet. 6 August 2010. http://www.tamilnet.com/art.html?catid=13&artid=32352.
- Jabbar, Zacki (28 August 2010). "SLMC backs MR’s constitutional amendment proposals". The Island, Sri Lanka. http://www.island.lk/index.php?page_cat=article-details&page=article-details&code_title=5367.
- "UNP cross overs". Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). 8 September 2010. http://www.dailymirror.lk/index.php/news/6430-unp-cross-overs.html.
- "18th Amendment Passed". Sunday Leader. 8 September 2010. http://www.thesundayleader.lk/2010/09/08/18th-amendment-passed/.
- "MPs suspended". Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). 8 September 2010. http://www.dailymirror.lk/index.php/news/6433-mps-suspended.html.
- "CWC MP Goes Independent". The Sunday Leader. 11 September 2010. http://www.thesundayleader.lk/2010/09/11/cwc-mp-goes-independent/.
- "Parliamentarian Radhakrishnan to lead UPF political wing". TamilNet. 8 October 2010. http://www.tamilnet.com/art.html?catid=13&artid=32757.
- "SLMC officially crosses over to government". TamilNet. 22 November 2010. http://www.tamilnet.com/art.html?catid=13&artid=33074.
- Bandara, Kelum (13 November 2010). "SLMC decides to join govt.". Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). http://print.dailymirror.lk/news/front-page-news/27119.html.
- "Split in Wimal Weerawanse led NFF". TamilNet. 24 December 2010. http://tamilnet.com/art.html?catid=13&artid=33270.
- Palihawadana, Norman (1 December 2011). "NAVIGATE : Home » News » Grero’s exit: UNPrebels blame party Grero’s exit: UNPrebels blame party". The Island, Sri Lanka. http://www.island.lk/index.php?page_cat=article-details&page=article-details&code_title=40168.
- "Grero - Monitoring MP, Ministry of Education". Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). 2 December 2011. http://www.dailymirror.lk/news/15190-grero-monitoring-mp-ministry-of-education-.html.
- Perera, Yohan (8 October 2010). "Fonseka seat vacant". Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). http://www.dailymirror.lk/print/index.php/news/front-page-news/23681.html.
- "Sri Lanka ex-army chief Fonseka loses seat as MP". BBC News. 7 October 2010. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-11493932.
- "Ketagoda sworn in as MP". Daily Mirror (Sri Lanka). 9 March 2011. http://print.dailymirror.lk/news/front-page-news/37710.html.
- "Vanni parliamentarian Mashoor dies of heart attack". TamilNet. 2 December 2010. http://www.tamilnet.com/art.html?catid=13&artid=33151.
- "Parliament". Daily News, Sri Lanka. 6 January 2011. http://www.dailynews.lk/2011/01/06/pol03.asp.